Monday, October 11, 2004

R.I.P., Christopher Reeve

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
From Reader's Digest.com:
RD: How have political decisions slowed stem cell research?
Reeve: The religious right has had quite an influence on the debate. I don't think that's appropriate. When we're setting public policy, no one segment of society deserves the only seat at the table. That's the way it's set in the Constitution. So debate all we want, hear from everybody. And then allow our representatives to weigh the factors and make laws that are going to be ethically sound, moral, responsible, but not the result of undue pressure from any particular entity.

RD: Is it hard to be patient?
Reeve: I've lasted more than nine years, so I can wait a little longer. I also realize that a lot of people are watching me, to see what I'm going to do. I want to make sure I'm making a smart choice. I'm not at a point of desperation where I'd say, "Just somebody fix me, anywhere."

Apparently, Mr. Bush, Christopher Reeve wore out his wait.

For shame.

To donate to stem cell research, please go here: Stem Cell Research Foundation

Give what you can. There are millions of men, women and children who are waiting “a little longer.”



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home