Saturday, April 12, 2008

My Girlhood Crushes

I totally wanted to marry Peter Frampton, Jackson Browne, Spock, and...


(Apologies for the Nipple Dude...Yes, he's sickening, but what can you do? It was the seventies, after all...)

Watching their performance with Fergie on Idol Gives Back, however, just made me really, really mad. I hate Fergie with such a passion, I have visions of maiming her with a jar of mayonnaise.

So, what? They had to put froggy-face in there to jump and flounder about in her tight leather for the low-brained twats out there in American TV Land that must have some not-fat eye-candy? Is that what the deal is?

I no longer watch American Idol. I'd been growing bored of that flumpy flappydoodle of a show for a while now, but this last shulpcramp is the straw that broke this camel's back.

***sigh***

Think I'll watch the above Heart video once again, and dream of when they were mine...

3 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only Heart song I ever liked was Dreamboat Annie.

I barely know who Fergie is, check that, I have no idea who Fergie is.

I don't like karaoke, so I've never watched American Idol.

But I do like to eat chocolate fudge on saltines.

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

I was literally just about to go blog on how relieved I am not to be watching American Idol this year. Once you stop, it's very, very hard to go back, and hopefully I never will :)

j

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Gerry, Dreamboat Annie is one of my faves. Also, Dog and Butterfly.

Jordan, yeah, I think I'm pretty much done with AI. My kids, unfortunately, still love it, so I'm sure I'll be forced to watch now and then.

I'll just be prepared with a stiff drink or two. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home