Monday, March 17, 2008

Hill Has That Effect on Men...

I was watching Hillary Clinton's D.C. speech on CNN this morning, and my boy, who'd been playing on the computer in the next room, piped up with:

"Mommy, are you watching a scary show?"

Now, I don't know why he thought I was watching a "scary show," as there were no shrieks of terror, no theremin, no monster growls or evil cackling -- just Ms. Clinton giving an excellent (I thought) speech regarding her plans for ending the Iraq "war."

I said, "No, honey, I'm not."

A few moments later, he said, "Are you sure you're not watching a scary show?"

"No, baby, I am not watching a scary show."

Well, he obviously did not believe me, as he took the trouble to interrupt his computer game, and walk into my room. He stood there for a moment, then said, "Oh. It's the news. Okay." And as he walked back to the computer, he said, more to himself than to me, "Geez. Sure sounded scary..."

2 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was gonna say that Hillary does sound scary. Not her words (its just politics as usual), but her voice. But I'm not gonna say that, because it might make somebody mad.

 
At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just said it.

I'm not mad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home