Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Stumbled Upon, and Sickened

I rarely write of personal happenings regarding family or friends, and if I do, it’s only about good things, birthdays, marriages, graduations and the like. Although I have in the past alluded to hurtful behaviors on the part of acquaintances or family members, I have always been as discreet as possible. I don’t believe in using my blog as a whipping post, no matter how badly someone has hurt me.

Today, however, I will be blunt, I will be insulting, and I will enjoy every minute of it.

While Googling my name this morning, a formerly obsessive practice that I’d nearly given up due to my not publishing in fifty years, I came across this .

If you go to about the middle of the page, you will see this paragraph:

“That's right- Stephen King signed this! Best of all, this copy belonged to L Lynn Young (who contributed a story)- at the end of her story (we purchased this from her brother), she added two lines to the story, initialed it, and dated it 12/6/03."

Yes, the seller is referring to my brother. That rotten, no-good bastard.

The winning bid was $290.00. To my mother, however, it was priceless. I'm sure she hasn't yet realized it's missing from her bookshelf.

In the immortal words of Whitney Houston: Crack is wack.

Indeed.

EDIT: Sorry for the broken link...All fixed now...

Rotten bastard.

10 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

I am absolutely bereft of words!

 
At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems to me that if an item is stolen (i.e., stolen from your Mom by your brother) it can't be sold on the internet legally. It might be worth bringing that to the auction people's attention?

Feral Dustbunny

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Alexis said...

Email coming your way x x x

 
At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuck! I've been thinking of trying to sell on Ebay a toy gun I stole from my bastard of a brother that was made in the 1930's and has a "Gene Audry" signature on the barrel. I think I could get a lot:)

 
At 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm speechless.

Well, no I'm not. I rarely am. But it seemed apt.

That is worse than illegal. It is immoral AND illegal. Hope things get sorted, and your mother doesn't lose it.

:-(

*Hugs* Ms. Lori.

 
At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've got a brother like that, too. Not the crack part, just the douchebag part.

 
At 12:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm tempted to ask you to give me his address so I can go over there and kick his ass, but I'm worried that you might A) take offense or B) take me seriously.

I'll just say that I'm looking forward to your future post(s) detailing how you brought the hammer down. I'm sure I'll be entertained. Justice is entertaining, and so are internet play-by-plays of ass-whoopings.

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Hey, guys --

First off, thanks for supporting my rage! ;-)

Secondly, I appreciate all offers of busting the dorkhead's skull -- much appreciated! Aphid, I'll supply the garden hose, and leave the severity of the beating to your discretion. HA!

Thirdly, I wish like hell I could remedy this horrible situation, but I really can't...I'd have to contact the seller, who would then contact the buyer, blah, blah, and even if the book were returned, the seller would most likely sue my brother, which means my mother would wind up paying his debt (because he's a fucking 27-year-old infant who doesn't know the meaning of gainful employment OR responsibility), so really, what sense does THAT make?

This latest horror that he's inflicted upon the family pales in comparison to something he did two weeks ago, which I won't go into right now...

Ahhh, I love the smell of rage in the morning.

 
At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"because he's a fucking 27-year-old infant who doesn't know the meaning of gainful employment OR responsibility"

Hey, my brother's 25, not 27, and how do you know him??

;-)

Sorry. This is no laughing matter. I just couldn't resist. As a kindred spirit in arms, as 'twer, I feel for you Lori. I really do.

:-S

xxx

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger gerry rosser said...

None of my siblings has ever stolen anything from me that I know of. I am sorry to hear of this unpleasant situation in your family.

Moving right along, I have loaned money to various family members (not my siblings), and girlfriends and others over the years and must say the record of re-payment is perfect. I have received nothing. If one of my siblings needs money, and I have sufficient to both keep eating and help them out, I give it to them, free and clear. I'm such a nice guy, hard to believe I ever practiced law, isn't it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home