Thursday, January 04, 2007

Apologies

As some of you may have noticed, I deleted yet another recent post. Yes, I am an ass of epic proportions.

I don’t know what’s gotten into me, but I fucking hate every single douchy word I write lately. Not as I’m writing, but afterward. Oh, sure, while I’m writing, I titter and preen over the brilliance, the hysterical little doodads and heart-warming pappyclaps I‘ve created, but once they’re published and I reread them, I want to die of shame.

Anyway, I sincerely apologize for being a douchy, post-deleting hag. Thanks to everyone who left comments. You all rock my ‘tocks, but I think you know that already.

My grandma died early this morning, will be buried on Monday, so I probably won’t see you guys until Tuesday.

And I promise that I won’t delete my next post. Pinky swear.

12 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My thoughts will be with you.

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Oh, I am so sorry about your grandma. Please accept my sincerest condolences.

 
At 5:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear ... sorry about your grandma, that's awful. At least you're still able to make fun of yourself, which means you're surviving. And I really don't mind you deleting your posts, as it's your blog and therefore your right. Sorry I haven't been around here as much.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger gerry rosser said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma.

You shouldn't have deleted that post, I made such a terminally cute response.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger SamD said...

My condolences too...hang in there.

And ditto what Aphid just said about humor and blogging.

Hugs,

PS word verification is "rgeugok"--isn't that the pre-barf sound kids make?!?

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Ms. Knitingale said...

Hi, Lori--I'm a lurker, I admit, but had to say I'm so sorry for your loss...and I often feel the same way when I read what I write. Writer's hazard, I think. I quite enjoy what you write, though, so hope you keep on keepin' on.

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said...

Yeesh, I'm kind of afraid to leave a comment for it might soon be forever forgotten into the vortext of darkness that is the nether universe!

But I will because I just frickin' love you! :)

You're in my prayers. Blessings! Jas...

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said...

Did you notice how I said vortext? Wasn't that kinda clever?


Kinda?

 
At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma, Lori, I'm sending you hugs and comfort.

As for the deleting what you've written thing, don't worry, it's normal. I'm pretty sure it's the same thing as writing something, printing it off and then crumbling it up and aiming for the trash can.

P.S. I'm now on my third attempt to make out the word verification letters. Argghh, getting old sucks.

 
At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma.

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger Alexis said...

I am so sorry about your Grandma. Kisses and hugs to you Ms. Lori.

BTW- Pappyclaps. Genius.

xxxxxx

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Thank you, everyone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home