Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Rain-Making Sticks Are Scary!

Sorry I haven’t posted lately -- one of my kids hasn’t been well, and we’re going through the lovely process of CAT scans and witch doctors wielding large rain-making sticks, and all that stuff…Will post something more substantial soonishly. Maybe.

Till then, have a drink on me, think good thoughts and send 'em on over here, will ya?

Boogie oogie, you bombastic, beautiful bastards and broads.

UPDATE!!!

Have you hugged a radiologist today?

I did. Picked up that poor old, frail, wonderful, god-like, gorgeous bag of bones in my arms and swung him to and fro like a rag doll.

Should’ve seen the look on his precious face.

But the moment called for a hug, as I was in love with the world -- still am.

I love you, world, and everything’s gonna be okay.

ANOTHER UPDATE! (Which I should've posted the other day, but, y'know, hey):
My girl is on the mend! Scans showed that she was suffering from preseptal cellulitis, but it was caught early (I can't imagine what she would've looked and felt like had it been caught late in the stage -- I shudder to think...). Her poor eyeball seems to be going back to where it belongs (like, inside her orbital socket), and she's feeling much better. Gawd bless the man or woman who invented Augmentin.

11 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, sorry about your kid. Hope things get better. I'll miss your posts, but I assume you'll come back eventually so that's okay.

As an aside, I wonder how long it'll be before some smug internet bitch calls you a bigot for making jokes about rain-making sticks.

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

Sending lots of big fluffy love, groovy fairy blessings and various other cool cosmic mojo to the kid in support of good health and answers (and to the kid's parents who are probably being very stoic, eh?)

mwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. (That was a big wet smooch carrying special healing power).

xo
J

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Thanks, Aphid. ;-)

Jordan, You ARE magical!

I love you, man.

 
At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just saw the update and I'm so glad things turned out allright! Today hasn't been so good for me but just seeing that you and your family are doing okay makes me feel better.

Peace be unto thee, and such.

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Alexis said...

Sending loving to you Ms. Lori. BTW - you are GORGEOUS!!!!!! x x x x x x x

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger gerry rosser said...

Can you really make rain with sticks? How come nobody sends them to all the drought-stricken wretches around the globe?

Sorry to hear about your child.

Can you get ionizing radiation from hugging a radiologist? You know, that stuff is cumulative and can cause all kinds of unintended consequences, like fallen souffles and stuff.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Editor at Large said...

You probably made that radiologist's day, Ms. Lori. So glad to hear your kid is all right.

Here in Oregon, we don't need no rain-making stick, thankyouverymuch. Is there a sun-making stick?

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Redneck Nerdboy! said...

Yay!

That's all I can say because I drank some at your request.

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Granny said...

I hope you find out something soon and that it's good news.

Hugs to you and thanks for the email today. I was going to answer and decided to use the time to check on you instead.

Glad I did.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Granny said...

What good news!! I had cellulitis years ago. It was awful and I can imagine how your girl must have felt.

 
At 1:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Cindy Floyd and i would like to show you my personal experience with Augmentin.

I suffered from Pseudofolliculitis behind my head for years and by chance I got Augmentin from Libya without any prescription. In Europe all the doctors that I consulted could not find solution for this problem so one day I just worked into a pharmacy in Libya and showed it to the Doctor in charge of the pharmacy who adviced me to take Augmentin. I was a bit hesitant but before my returning date (after 5 days) I noticed that all the bumps are drying. and now I'm very proud of my head.

Side Effects :
None.....Miracle drug…

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Cindy Floyd

 

Post a Comment

<< Home