Monday, November 06, 2006

Whenever I Feel Like Running Out into Busy Traffic...

...A compulsion I‘ve had since childhood, a little voice from below always saves me from myself…

Boy: Mommy, I like the way you smell.

Me: Thank you, sweetheart!

Boy: Yeah, you smell better than Daddy.

Me: I do?

Boy: Uh huh. Daddy smells like bugs, but you smell pretty.

Me: Daddy doesn’t smell like bugs -- he smells like oatmeal.

Boy: Well, I think boys smell terrible, and girls smell good! Girls smell yummy! ***Boy rubs tummy, licks his lips, and goes “mmmm yuuuuum“***

Me, horrified and appalled, yet enchanted: You will not be dating until you reach the age of twenty-five, son.

Boy, finger up nose:
Mommy, can I have a waffle with sip [syrup]?

5 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger Katie said...

awwww! How cute!

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Steven Novak said...

I personally think you smell like bugs dahling. ;)

Steve~

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger leenie71689 said...

when my kids come in the bed with me to sleep they fight over who has to sleep on daddy's side. Apparently they don't like the way he smells either. I happen to like the way he smells so I don't get it. But it is endearing how they prefer the way mommies smell, isn't it. I think you smell like cupcakes;-)

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Redneck Nerdboy! said...

Yes, like most boys, in one ear and out the other!

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Katie, he is the cutest little pervert EVER! ;;-)

Steven, bugs FROM HEAVEN, you mean!

Leenie, that's so funny about hubby's side of the bed -- my kids do the same. Lar smells good, always, but I guess ya just can't beat Eu de Mommy, eh? ;-)

Jas, you got it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home