Wednesday, November 17, 2004

And Sometimes Quickies Aren't Very Satisfying

Just had to get a few things of my chest. You know, before I die of suffocation:

1) Plagiarists are shit-eaters!
2) The thing I hate most about being a writer is the waiting. Sick of it, do you hear me?
3) Condoleezza Rice is a big dork.
4) My ass is super fat today.
5) I want to stay home this Thanksgiving with my husband and children, have a friend and her daughter come eat turkey and stuffing with us (I make a righteous turkey), then get totally stupid on Corona after the kids are in bed, watch some movies, laugh, eat pie. But I can't. Obligations, obligations. How I hate obligations.

YEAH! I feel a bit lighter having removed those stones from my heaving bosoms. Not.

AddenDumDeDum Wow. This blogging business just may be magical -- first my nighttime weirdness goes away, and now this: almost immediately after posting the current entry, I heard from an editor regarding a story of mine that will be appearing in the mag's next issue. Excellent. Two wishes down, sixty thousand to go, then.

Maybe I should write an entry about how badly I want to win the lottery...

I invite all and sundry to rub my blog, if you're so inclined.

7 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Blogger Me said...

Congrats on the article! And yes, blogging can be a good form of therapy, at least until the freaks start crawling out of the wood work and all over your blog. Then you realize that you aren't the one that's in sore need of the therapy and that in itself is a form of therapy....

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Indeed, Jeni.

Hope you reported that wacko's plagiarism to BE. She must be shamed.

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Me said...

The whole thing is so friggin' stupid, so childish, it just makes me want to puke. The thing that I think is most pathetic is her glee at all the hits from my site to hers, I suppose some people are so attention hungry that they'll take any attention they can get, even if it's negative. It's disgusting. OH well.

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger Ang said...

If you wish to write about your good friend Angie who could use a lotto win, I wouldnt' object at all :)

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Michele said...

Imagine this....you walk into a cafe and overhear two friends sharing juicy gossip or tales of corruption and you think...hmm, I wonder what they are talking about?

Now imagine if that was ME and I clicked my way into the comment section of a wonderful post. Would I think...hmm, wonder what they are talking about? Hell ya, I would.

So, can you guess what I am thinking right now?

btw: great post!!

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Michele, click on Jeni's Journal in my blogroll -- all the dirt is there. ;-)

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Justice said...

Congratulations on the story!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home