Wednesday, November 03, 2004

What a Fucking Surprise, Eh?

My friend's fiancée was accosted by two men in Canadice, NY when she attempted to exercise her right to vote. The men, who'd emerged from a white SUV as she walked up to the polling place, blocked her entrance and assaulted her with hate-talk, with bold lies and misinformation. They would not listen to her protests, and they would not let her be. They only left her alone after a polling official saw what was happening and came to her aid. She has reported this to the authorities. What good will come of it, I haven't a clue. I'm thinking not much.

Unfortunately, hers is not an isolated case of voter intimidation. But those of you who read with your eyes open already know that.

For those of you who voted for Bush and may have come across OWM by accident, I apologize for my strong language. I respect every American's personal beliefs, political bent, religious affiliation, etcetera, etcetera.

But.

I am now certain that many of you have rocks in your pointy little heads.

I am appalled, frustrated and physically sickened by the flagrant misconduct happening right in front of our eyes, and I am especially sickened by those who choose not to see it.
Open your eyes
, goddammit, and see the truth for once in your life. Open your eyes to the fact that our current administration is the
most corrupt
in American history, that the powers that be are not concerned with your welfare, but of their own agendas. We are in the grip of a massive power-hungry, fascist, corporate-run regime that will continue, if allowed, to destroy everything America has stood for since 1776.

They, the current regime, have systematically reduced our civil liberties; brought uncertainty and economic hardship to those of us holding on to middle class by a thread; knocked down the "almost there" class to poverty level; devastated America's integrity; engaged in loophole-loving tactics that empower the top 1% income bracket, thus empowering the regime, thus keeping us little folk down. You know, where we belong.

They have lied to us, they have endangered our security beyond measure, have murdered scores and scores and scores of our young men and women, and now, due to dirty tricks so heinous, so unbelievably old-Soviet in nature that even Ronald Reagan would shake his head in disgust (secretly, of course), they will continue to do so.

I do not want this regime to continue killing its own citizens, nor those of other countries.

I do not want this regime to continue its corporate-sucking ways, because, dammit, old folks need medicine as well as food. They should not have to choose.

I do not want this regime to continue leaving children behind. Mr. Bush had already proven with his governorship in Texas, then with his presidency, that despite his claims of "compassionate Conservatism," he practices anything but.

I do not want this regime to continue polluting our air and water.

I do not want this regime to continue on with its sneaky yet obvious (to those with a brain) attempts at keeping women, gays, lesbians, minorities, as well as those who oppose its ideology, in a box. A box where no one can hear them scream.

I do not want this regime to continue its decision-making influenced by the word of God. I think I speak for all who believe our commander-in-chief should always and forever be possessed of intelligence, integrity, presence of mind, and true compassion, not by some imaginary friend they think is "God," when I say that Mr. Bush is unfit for command.

Spirituality is beautiful, insanity is not.

And lastly, I do not want this regime to continue threatening my children's future, the security of my comfort in old age; I do not want this regime to continue destroying my of quality of life. Or yours. I want this regime to go away now, just go away and leave us be.

I want America back.

8 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Very well put. I couldn't have said it better myself (the post, not the condescending "gracious" bullshit I've been reading on ever other blog today).

I, too want America back, but I fear it's too far gone.

Very sad.

-Kirk

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You can always move to Canada... or Cuba?

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Ang said...

How does one even begin to accept(??) what they know is clearly the very wrong decision to have been made? (sighs)

 
At 1:02 AM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Yeah, DaD, I could move to Canada -- or Cuba (ew, stinky..I hear toilet paper is rationed), but y'know what? I'm an American, and I love my country. Gonna stay here come hell or high water.

Hmmm. Seems Hell has already come.

No matter. I'm stayin', brother, gonna fight the good fight.

Peace.

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Benjamin Solah said...

I live in oz, but this election has an effect on me, four more years of a dick thinking warefare solves everything, four more years of my prime minister using the same scare tactics Bush does.

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Seeing Red:
Now there is finally an answer to the age-old question how many Americans are freakin' idiots?
Oh, about 51%.

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

When does the impeachment process begin?

 
At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please don't come to Canada, there are already too many like you here now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home