Monday, November 01, 2004

November Reigns

I like October okay -- Halloween is good, the air smells good, the trees look good. October is...good. But November, ah, now November is...

C) My birthday month. November 8th for those kind souls who are just dying to give me a present. I like books (all genres except romance), jewelry (especially diamonds, but cheap, funky shit is great too), chocolate, music (all forms except gangsta crap and country), and cigarettes (anything menthol). I don't have the P.O. Box # on hand right now, but I'll be sure to add that in here a.s.a.p. Get your credit cards ready, yo. I'm fucking serious.

5) Election time. Can't wait to bury my boot up Bush's ass.

6) Thanksgivinglicious. I dream of turkey, potatoes and stuffing smothered in gravy. I dream of pie and cannoli and large bottles of alcohol. Yeah.

N) The first snowfall. I hate snow, but that first snowfall makes me break down and weep tears of wonder every time. It really is beautiful, but I get sick of it quick, like if Brad Pitt were to live in my house 24/7 -- heaven to look at, but after a while, the cold, stark beauty becomes tiresome, especially after it's been sitting around too long and gets all nasty with dog poop. Familiarity breeds contempt.

3) Rainy time. Rain washes all that nastiness away, even if only temporarily. I enjoy the fact that there's no worm smell in November.

Sigh, oh, sigh.

This bit of November silliness isn't what I'd planned on writing about today. I had a much more serious and depressing topic in mind, but I changed my mind as I began typing.

Well, I changed my mind yet again, because I can't get this bastard monkey off my back.

It has to do with betrayal. Has to do with having a knife plunged into my heart by someone close to me, someone who I love, who I trusted (to an extent) regardless of his past. No, it's not my husband, nor is it my children that I'm talking about, but it is someone I've known for a very long time. Someone who, in the spiritual sense, is now dead to me.

He stole money from my purse this past weekend. The man ate my food, drank my beer, enjoyed my hospitality, then went into the bathroom, found my purse, opened my wallet, and stole my money.

As if he had a right.

I was devastated.

But November is my favorite time of year, and I'm filled with good feelings, excited with the new year to come, glad that the old one will soon pass and take with it all the hurt, disappointment and hardship I experienced -- 2005 is gonna be great, I just know it. I refuse to allow my optimism to be taken from me as well.

Oh, God, December 31 is only a calendar flip away. I plan on giving it a big wet kiss, a warm hug, maybe even a dry hump for good measure.

Here's to new beginnings.


4 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Blogger ShellyS said...

Well, happy birthday, if a bit early. :)

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger jexebel said...

I ran across this blog a bit ago, just surfing about. I've become unhealthily addicted to it, and I would hope you don't mind that I've linked to you on my site? If this is not prefectly perfect with you, I would be more than happy to remove your link. Perfectly quickly.

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Thanks, Shelly! You're a sweet dollyhead. Don't forget now -- I like diamonds...;-)

Jexebell, I'm addicted to crack, so we should get along just fine.
Kidding.
I'm honored to have you here.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

I hear you so clearly I think my brain is cracking. I was betrayed in much this same way, by someone I had trusted and befriended. It really, really hurts. Oh, and I love your blog. Obviously, since here I am back again. Thank you for the great read!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home