Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Gandolfini's Nose (Among Other Things)

1) Love it or hate it, The Sopranos finale was something, wasn't it?

Not sure what that something is, exactly, but it certainly was...Something.

2) I love James Gandolfini, always found him sexy, but DEAR GOD, what's up with his nose lately? I have to watch the finale again because the first time around, I couldn't keep my eyes off of Gandolfini's disturbingly expanded nose and missed quite a bit of dialogue.

But forget the nose for a second, and hear me now -- the last five minutes of that finale brought about a horrible feeling of unease and sadness, and I still can't quite shake it.

3) I kept waking all Sunday night with this running through my head: "Just a city boy/Born and raised in South Detroy-oit/She took the midnight train going aaanyyywhere..." (Yes, wrong lyrical order - I never hear or remember lyrics correctly and often murder them, much to my kids' delight.)

4) "Standing in line to see the show tonight/Leave the light on/Heavy load" (Sincere apologies to Anthony Kiedis and the rest of the Red Hot Chili Peppers.)

5) Seriously, that was some kind of finale. WHY WON'T IT LEAVE ME BE?

I am haunted.

6) Today is my husband's birthday. Which has nothing to do with James Gandolfini's curiously expanded punching ball nose, of course, but I thought I'd mention it nonetheless.

Happy Birthday, Lar. I love you, stoopie-head.

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and
Just forget the world

Would you just stay here
In our bed
Chasing cars
Around my head


Addendum: I think there may be some grammatical errors in this post, yet I do not care enough to fix them.

Hark! The End Times are nigh!

7 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger Josh Himself said...

I liked it, myself. It had this neat "Life goes on...but with a crippling sense of paranoia" thing going for it.

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Editor at Large said...

Grammar, schmammar. Leave, let; lay, lie...if anyone cares, let them die.

Gack!

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger gerry rosser said...

I never watched The Sopranos. I really don't like serialized TV shows, as in I didn't follow Lost or anything else of that ilk. Also, during the applicable time frame, I never subscribed to HBO.

I never watched Seinfeld, or any other SitCom.

I never watched a "reality show"

I have watched "Dora the Explorer."

Happy birthday to your husband.

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Rabbitch said...

I'm pretty sure the grammar thingie is one of the signs of the apocalypso.

Happy Birthday to Mr. Lorib

 
At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband has a knack for rearranging the words of songs to something completely inappropriate and X rated.

Happy BDay to your husband (mine is tomorrow)...

I knew there was a reason we always got along...

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Josh, for me, it felt very dark, very final -- I think Tony was whacked.

Editor, I'm shocked! I know that you as an editor respect the English language, and believe that the rules of such must be obeyed at all times.

Or at least, I thought so. Turncoat! ;-)

Gerry, I rarely get into many serialized shows, but I do love Lost and The Sopranos. Also, Seinfeld is God, heathen.

Rabbitch, "Mr. Lorib"???

What might the "b" stand for? Boobhead, perhaps? Burpy-lips? Butt-eater? I must know!

Jeni, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
Happy birthday to you
You look like a monkey
And you smell like one too.

Hope your day is a special one, girly.

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Granny said...

I heard they let the viewers provide their own interpretations. I never watched it either. Now that it's in syndication I'm thinking about it - maybe.

Happy Birthday to your husband.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home