Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My Prom Queen

My girl, Veronica, and her beau, Steve, before heading off to their junior prom.

Click to enlarge the gorgeousness...
























If you ignore the facial piercings, they look like movie stars!



























Brings back such fond memories of my own prom...Yes, I remember it as if it were yesterday...The hideous hairdo of my own design, which involved two thin braids on either side of my face -- rabbi chic, I believe they call it -- and a dress that appeared to be made of a ninety-year-old woman's sofa doilies. Ah, yes, I was a vision to behold as I walked (hobbled) toward my corduroy leisure jacket-clad boyfriend and his beat-up Chevy...I can still smell the resentment that wafted through the air as he stepped on the gas and peeled from my mother's gravel driveway...

A magical night, my senior prom...I shall always treasure the two hours I sat staring at all of the other couples dancing as my date scowled and complained...There was a twelve of Budweiser waiting for us at his house, you see...

Good times.

4 Comments:

At 7:02 PM, Blogger Granny said...

She's lovely and I hope her prom was everything she'd hoped for.

 
At 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shoulda done what I did, skipped the dancing/dressing up bit and gone straight for the getting drunk and screwing in the back seat of the car... :P

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Thank you, Ann. She had a great time!

Nugs, but I *wanted* to dress up and dance! ****grumble**** MEN!
;-)

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger gerry rosser said...

I have little or no memory of either my junior or senior proms. I actually have very little memory of that whole part of my life. Sometimes I wonder if it even happened. I do have a sense of "not belonging" back then. I left high school without any friends, not a single person I saw or communicated with regurarly, or irregularly. For reasons I cannot fathom, I've gone to reunions, and few people remembered me, although those who did spoke pleasantly to me, but never made any effort later to contact me.
Hope your daughter enjoyed herself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home