Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Corn on the Bone

My girl said to me yesterday, in reference to a meal she once had during her school's "Civil War Day" a couple years back: "I liked the bread, but I didn't like the chicken on the cob."

I, of course, understood what she meant by "chicken on the cob." Plain as day to me. Chicken on the cob, for those in the dark, means a drumstick, something I rarely serve due to the disgusting visual of meat attached to bone.

Made for a good, long round of laughter for all present (including myself), but my girl was utterly perplexed as to the reaction.

Reason number 598 why people with Asperger's rock and roll.

2 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Blogger Carol said...

chicken on the cob is a perfectly understandable, if funny, thing to say! it made me laugh....

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger SamD said...

I just so LOVE "chicken on the cob"!!! Now there's a word for that nastiness that is still skin-on and bones-in (can you tell I'm a total protein wuss?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home