Friday, May 05, 2006

Rummy is Crummy

During yesterday’s speech in Atlanta, Donald Rumsfeld’s testicles shriveled up and made tiny peeping noises when confronted with anti-war protesters, one of which was a woman who’d lost her son to the war and is now raising her grandchild. The woman asked Rumsfeld how the government would help, and he told her to visit some online resource sites, that old softie. Another woman flashed a yellow banner that read, “Guilty of War Crimes!” and yet another protester shouted “serial killer!” and yet another yelled “liar!” It was a chorus of truth, a beautiful example of the First Amendment that rang out in perfect harmony, a catchy tune of dissent that had me on my feet and doing a little happy dance. Rumsfeld, as would be expected, laughed and laughed, because jumping Jehosephat, what could be funnier than being called out on your own ineptitude and dishonesty? Well, other than watching baby seals get clubbed to death, of course.

But the truly supreme moment -- I’m talking blissfully sublime and righteous and awesome and, and, GAWD, I’m beginning to tear up, folks, was when a dignified-looking gentleman named Ray McGovern, bless his former CIA analyst heart, stood from his seat and asked this question: "Why did you lie to get us into a war that caused these kind of casualties and was not necessary?"


Who’s your daddy now, Rumsfeld?

8 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Blogger Myfanwy Collins said...

he told her to visit some online resource sites, that old softie.---ha!

Keep telling it, Ms. Lori!

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger David Niall Wilson said...

Man, that guy makes me ashamed to be an American - or he WOULD make me ashamed, if I considered HIM an American...what a slime ball.

Someone needs to insert some weaposn of mass destruction where the sun don't shine on that guy and pull the trigger.

D

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said...

You know, and there's not a damn thing any of us can do about it either.

I'm hopelessly waiting for happy hour.

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger E said...

CUPCAKE!!!#$&^@*&^*@# You got brainy on me again! ARRRRRRGH! I'm gonna kick you in the butt with my beautiful knee high boots;) Love you! Have a great weekend...hate weekends because you neglect me on weekend;( Luvie You..XXOO-E

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Granny said...

If I thought there was nothing we could do about it, I'd give up right now.

We must keep trying even though it seems like no one is listening.

Otherwise evil will triumph.

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

I will, Myfanwy, until they pry the keyboard from my cold, dead hands.

Rummy might enjoy that, David, I hear he likes it rough. ;-)

Jas, I agree with Ann
(thanks, Ann!). We must not lie down and take this like a ten dollar whore. Hopeless as it seems, we DO have a voice, we DO have the power of the vote. Jaysus H.,
I can't WAIT for November...

But I'll join you in that drink, my friend.

Change is coming...

Leenie, "brainy"? You should hear when I start spewing about thermonuclear dynamics. ;-) ;-)

Luv to you, too, from Cupcake.

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

Love the rant and love that clip. My favorite part of the latter is how Rumsfield called on the ass-kissing ringer in the audience right after he was called to the mat. Perfect.

Keep up the good work, L!

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Alice said...

"visit some online resource sites".

Yeah. Translation: "I couldn't givea fuck and neither could anyone else in charge, but to make ourselves seem all caring and with it and hip, we've got some IT geek to create a couple of websites that we can direct people to so we don't have to deal with them..."

*sigh*.

Just, *sigh.*

I can't listen to the clip because I don't have sound, Lori, but I bet it was classic, like the time George Bush asked Charlotte Church which state Wales was.

I'm with Dave N W; someone needs to shove some WMD up this guys arse, move away to a safer distance and shout "FIRE!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home