Friday, December 09, 2005

Seven Things

The lovely Ms. Purple Elephant tagged me, and I am delighted to participate...

Seven things to do before I die
1) Publish a wildly successful novel, win Pulitzer.
2) Write and sell a wildly successful screenplay, win Oscar.
3) See Africa, Australia, Hawaii, Ireland, Italy and Egypt.
4) Find true, lasting peace.
5) Kill my demons, especially Taffy Gaye, the third and most potent of them all.
6) Own a pug named Old Teats..
7) Experience the joy of watching my four children become happy, healthy adults with lots of children of their own. Grandma Ms. Lori will bake lots of cookies and give lots of hugs.
Seven things I cannot do
1) Drive.
2) Eat animal organs. Or human ones, for that matter.
3) Find Carrot Top amusing.
5) Be friends with anyone who is racist, homophobic, or cruel to others in any way, shape or form, including animals (yet I eat meat and love leather goods. Go figure).
6) Feel comfortable in social situations.
7) Give public readings of my work.
Seven things that attract(ed) me to my spouse/partner
1) His shyness
2) His unusual facial features -- Native American, Irish, and Swedish makes for a uniquely attractive Lar type thing.
3) His intellect, despite his disinterest in literature.
4) His sarcasm, displayed both with words and Stonehenge-like stoicism
5) His monkey.
6) His wholehearted commitment to fatherhood
7) His big wiener. Er, I mean his big wallet. Um, his big heart?
Seven things I say most often
1) “Fucking Christ.“ Eeep! Bad, yeah? Shhhh, don’t tell the in-laws…
2) “Gimme a break.”
3) ‘Neat!” but only while opening Christmas or birthday gifts with the in-laws. Why “neat”? I don’t have an answer for that. “Neat” is perhaps the geekiest exclamation ever uttered by humans, yet I do it. Weird, man.
4) ‘Weird, man.”
5) “Freak!” though usually only when calling my cat.
6) “Are you freaking kidding me?”
7) “Leave me alone.”
Seven books (or series) I love
1) “Beloved” by Toni Morrison
2) “The Island” by T.M. Wright
3) “The World According to Garp” by John Irving
4) “The Complete Stories and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe” by Guess Who?
5) “The Alias Bride” by Margaret Atwood
6) “Hearts in Atlantis” by Stephen King
7) “The Little Prince” by Antoine de Saint Expery, “The Velveteen Rabbit” by Margery Williams
Seven movies I watch over and over again (or would watch over and over if I had the time) *Note* I rarely watch movies more than once -- the ones listed below have been watched maybe three or four times each…
1) Heaven Can Wait (childhood nostalgia, my first good cry at a movie -- and Warren Beatty was HOT!).
2) Pulp Fiction (oh, yeah, baby. When Tarantino blew my mind).
3) Poltergeist, Alien, The Legend of Boggy Creek (my first real scares at the movies)
4) Rosemary’s Baby (each viewing brings with it a new revelation -- one of the best horror flicks ever made).
5) Some Like it Hot. (The delightful Ms. Monroe triples up with Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon -- heaven!)
6) Pink Floyd’s The Wall (brilliant, ahead of its time, gorgeous, moving).
7) The Rose Tattoo (scripted by Tennessee Williams, Anna Magnani is a wonder).
8) Donnie Darko (I must watch this one for a fourth time because although I find it to be a spectacular film, I still don’t quite get it.

3 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Who is this demon, Taffy Gaye you speak of?

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Rotting Dead said...

Now those are some great lists and here I thought I was the ONLY person still saying 'Neat'.

(*Hugs*)

CJ

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Katie, she is the demon of low self esteem. ;-)

Great minds speak alike, CJ!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home