Thursday, December 01, 2005

Weirdness in the Young Household

What would make a light bulb explode? Has anyone experienced such a thing?

I ask because the light bulb in our living room exploded last night -- my husband was relaxing in bed, watching TV with the boy in our bedroom, when he heard a loud metallic BANG! He ran out into the living room and found the light bulb from one of the wall sconces all over the floor. Some pieces actually flew across the room.

Jeez, first the television (which, by the way, has been a good girl for the past few weeks), now this. Oh, and did I ever mention the banging sounds in the basement? How the pocket door that leads to the furnace room jingles and jangles in the middle of the night? How my cat sometimes tears up the basement stairs in a frenzy, tail puffed, fur raised along her back, and hides under the bed? And she's doing a weird thing in my bedroon lately -- she'll be lying with me in bed, perfectly content, sleeping, when she suddenly wakes up, runs to the other side of my room, and stares and stares into the heating duct.

Um, me no like.

4 Comments:

At 11:47 PM, Blogger Bill said...

It's just pre-holiday excitement. The house is excited by all the joy about to take place in it. It's letting you know!

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

And last night, a foul-smelling white entity with piercing red eyes entered my room and ravaged me.

Oh, wait -- that was just Lar.

Never mind.

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Myfanwy Collins said...

I hate shit like that! Damn. Sometimes I'm walking my dog and he stops and stares off into the woods, ears up, all alert. "What? What is it puppy? Is it the BTK killer come to get Mummy?" ai yi yi!!!

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Alexis said...

You know what I'm gonna say. . . .Seriously, it's haunted Ms. L. xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home