Thursday, September 22, 2005

Fookin' Bada-Bing Bada-Boom

Apparently, the British have their own New Jersey, a place full of braggadocio and big hair, a land of inopportunity and unintelligible accent, but instead of calling the unfortunates “Guidos,” they refer to the working class, badly dressed and arrogant dwellers of Chatham, Kent (or anyplace else chimney-sweeping, hard-drinking, gold chain-wearing tossers may dwell), “Chavs."

American Guidos engaging in repulsive mating ritual


















British Chavs engaging in repulsive mating ritual


There is even a website devoted to our Guido cousins.

I don’t know why I find this so amusing.

Click on the links above, and perhaps you will join me in my amusement.








Disclaimer: Ms. Lori is not affiliated with nor condones content of above sites, though she is half Italian and does in fact have a Guido or two hiding in her family closet. Apologies to my Guido/Chav readers for any distress caused by said content. But it really is fucking funny.

3 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Well, I don't know of any Scandinavian stereotypes other than the Ikea thing and, of course, the compulsive need to correct their typos, but they should have a name -- how about Absoluts? ;-)

Jas, scary, isn't it?

Joshie, methinks the lady is suffering from dick-in-eye syndrome. But I could be wrong.

 
At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! That McDonalds 'I'm chavin' it' shirt made me choke on my lasagne.

Thanks to this post I now know what the US equivalent of a chav is. I live in a town full of them and all their kids go to the same school as my daughter.

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Hey PE! You're very welcome! Actually, though, besides the gold chains, odd accents and obnoxious behavior, Chavs and Guidos are really not all that similar -- Guidos are (or should be, dammit) Italian, and they should flash their money and have big pompadours. Both groups, however, are funny as hell. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home