Tuesday, September 20, 2005

My New Boo

Move it on over, Mr. Pitt, stand back, Jack Black, there's a new boo in town, and he's way more macho, fifty times more interesting than the both of you put together...

Anthony Bourdain, world renowned chef, author, bon vivant and hunk of manly, chiseled goodness, smokes and drinks like a male version of me, all the while spouting witticism after witticism, even with his luscious mouth full of still-beating cobra heart.

If you've not yet acquainted yourself with Anthony Bourdain, a man who not only looks like a British George Clooney (only he's not British -- born and bred New Yorker), but is smart, funny, hella charming, I would highly suggest you do so as soon as possible by checking out his new Travel Channel show No Reservations, be ye man or woman -- he's a man's man as well as a woman's James Bond fantasy come to life. Christ but he looks good in a suit, even as he, accompanied by mysterious cell phone- carrying "companions" in last night's airing of his trip to Vietnam, elegantly hides the fact that he may poop his pants with fright while navigating through Vietnamese waters to destination unknown, and upon arriving to still unknown destination, discovers weapon-wielding Kung Fu warriors clubbing one another on the beach. Mr. Bourdain is alarmed, perplexed, yet when he casually lights his Marlboro and stands, hand in pocket, bemused, almost bored expression playing on that wonderful face of his, one would never know that he has in fact deposited a load in his pants that very second. He’s that cool.

8 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Blogger Bev Jackson said...

LOL. Never heard of him! I love your descriptions and MUST find him. Tough to out-Clooney Clooney though, babe. Still, I'm out to find him, just to be sure.

 
At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! In two words: Humphry Bogart!!

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Oh, Bev, I just adore him. I think you might like his show! Let me know what you think!

Yes, a bit of Bogart, for sure. He also has a bit of my brother in him, which is too creepy for me to even think about. ;-)

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Alexis said...

Yeah - I used to watch him on the Food Channel as well - read his book - Kitchen Confidential, it is AWESOME. You rock - Ms. Lori - always got your finger of the cool pulse!

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Petah, he seems so Scorpio to me, though. But you may be right. Libras kick ass, too.

Alexis, did you know that he also writes mystery novels? God, he's my dream man. Well, till the next one comes along. ;-)

Jas, speaking of dream men...you bet yer sweet bippy. ALL the men on my blogroll make me melt (and you're a redhead -- one of my many weaknesses).

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Myfanwy Collins said...

Have you read his book "Kitchen Confidential"? It's GREAT. You may never eat out again, but you'll love this book.

 
At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He wrote the only cookbook I own with the F-bomb in it (and a few other nasty words). Love the book, love the show, and love the man.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Hey, Myfanwy! No, I haven't -- but I shall soonishly.

Anne Marie, and I love the F-bomb way too much. Can't wait to read it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home