Sunday, September 11, 2005

We've Come a Long Way, Baby

No, I don't smoke Virginia Slims, nor have I ever smoked Virginia Slims. I'm too young to have marched for women's rights, haven't directly encountered sex discrimination (thanks to the brave sisters that came before me) nor do I anticipate facing such a heinous thing myself...Yet "We've Come a Long Way, Baby" is a slogan that sings to me, resonates within me on so many levels despite the fact it's nearly 2006, not 1976.

Why? Well, let's just say I'm grateful for progress. I'm thrilled to bits that we of the gentler sex have choices now, real authority, control over our own destinies, our bodies. Our hair.


Jesus Christ in a golden Hummer, Nic...Good thing we stopped smoking crack.

We've come a long, long, long way, baby. May we never go back.

2 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Blogger W. Olivia said...

Lordy, Lordy...I had a...a wedge! Not just a wedge, a huge, hairspray and gel enhanced wedge, dammit! *cringes at the sight*

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Well, at least you weren't sporting a towering Aquanet- enhanced Sopranos 'do -- my God, is that a banana clip I see in my hair? ACK!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home