Sunday, May 01, 2005

Most Overused Phrase in Ms. Lori's Everyday Conversation

I find myself saying "gimme a break" at least six or fifty times a day. Frankly, I'm sick of hearing myself whine this phrase over and over again, and have decided that it's personal growth time. So, beginning today, instead of only saying "gimme a break," I will employ the rest of the lyrics whenever I feel that life is being stingy with me.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Gimme a break, I sure deserve it
It's time I made it to the top.
Gimme a break, I’m looking forward
Get behind me, pull out every stop
I want a happy ending
I'm tried of pretending
Won't let 'em get the best of me
Wo wo wo wo
Gimme a break, the game is survival
Gimme a break and plan my arrival
Gimme a break for heaven's sake
What happened to my piece of the cake?
Gimme a break
Gimme a break
Gimme a break!


I also say "this sucks shit" a lot, but there's no way to improve on perfection, so I'll leave that as is.

4 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Blogger Ang said...

I tend to say, "Oh please" alot. Used for when people say something stupid.

 
At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say "D'oh!" But there's no song for that either.
I thought the lyrics started with
"Gimmie a break
Now I know what it takes..."
? No?

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Bev, I wrote some lyrics for the shit song yesterday, sung to the tune of "Jesus Loves Me," but I deleted them. Too blasphemous, even for me.

Angie, I'll bet my left boob you said that while reading this post! ;-)

Alexis, I SOOOO would post an audio if I had the equipment. My voice ain't too bad. Wish my webcam wasn't broken, too, else I'd post pics of me singing "Gimme a Break" while vacuuming. That would be sweet.

Anne, nope. The spirit of Nell Carter tells me this is so.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Peter, "cock-knocking" is an intriguing phrase. Nonsensical, yet not. I picture a rooster being beat about the head with a soup ladle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home