Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Delusional Rescue

As I lay hot towels over your bones, the transformation begins
The pain will go now, simply by wishing it away
I can melt each sliver of glass with my laser-thoughts, I can
Freeze the coals into cool submission, I can
Stun the bees, make them quiet and humble, I can
Smooth down the quills, turn them to silk, I can
Crush, I can pulverize, liquefy and shush, I can
Shame it, disrespect it, humiliate it to dust, I can
Make it leave you now, I can, I can, I can
Turn back time, flip it, twist it over, I can
Snap you back to 1983, far from tonight, I can
Wash the future with my vision, disinfect, prevent, I can
Rock this universe with my rage, throw stars, heave planets, I can
Destroy fate with my galactic tantrum, I can, I can
Make this all come true, because I am Superwoman, fucking
Superwoman, transformed, powerful, I can
Lay hot towels over your bones, wish it all away, so help me, I can
Pray, so help me, I will pray

4 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Blogger Alexis said...

You are amazing

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger G-Man said...

There have been many days of late for which Superwoman would have been very much appreciated to lay hot towels over my bones and wash away the dark clouds of past and ease my journey to a sunshiny future. Leap some tall buildings and the Canada/U.S. border to save me!
Your poem is brilliant!

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger bevjackson said...

This works on a lot of levels. Very good poem/rant/prayer/chant.

 
At 11:47 AM, Anonymous honestyrain said...

lovely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home