Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Delusional Rescue

As I lay hot towels over your bones, the transformation begins
The pain will go now, simply by wishing it away
I can melt each sliver of glass with my laser-thoughts, I can
Freeze the coals into cool submission, I can
Stun the bees, make them quiet and humble, I can
Smooth down the quills, turn them to silk, I can
Crush, I can pulverize, liquefy and shush, I can
Shame it, disrespect it, humiliate it to dust, I can
Make it leave you now, I can, I can, I can
Turn back time, flip it, twist it over, I can
Snap you back to 1983, far from tonight, I can
Wash the future with my vision, disinfect, prevent, I can
Rock this universe with my rage, throw stars, heave planets, I can
Destroy fate with my galactic tantrum, I can, I can
Make this all come true, because I am Superwoman, fucking
Superwoman, transformed, powerful, I can
Lay hot towels over your bones, wish it all away, so help me, I can
Pray, so help me, I will pray

3 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Blogger Alexis said...

You are amazing

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Bev Jackson said...

This works on a lot of levels. Very good poem/rant/prayer/chant.

 
At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home