Friday, March 04, 2005

Just Because I Like the Word "Department"

Writing Department: Been working on a new story titled “Infant Rain.” I like it.

Fashion Department: Dying my blonde hair dark red tomorrow. I do that sometimes.

Trading Art With Animal Department: Traded a copy of “From the Borderlands” for a rude and utterly fabulous signed T-shirt depicting Animal (of the band Anti-Nowhere League) giving the finger to the world in general. Animal, despite outward appearances, is a literate, accessible, and kind man.

Nonsensical Whimsy Department: This morning, my cat stood on her hind legs, cleared her throat a couple of times, and proceeded to recite “When You Are Old” by W.B. Yeats. I cried like a baby then gave her an extra helping of Fancy Feast.

6 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Blogger Alexis said...

Hey, hey now - who 's droppin' tabs now?? Here ty kitty kitty.

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger theaddict said...

Will it be cherry cat-walk red, or auburn? Do tell.

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger hearts81 said...

Right now I'm starving... so what is going on in the Cooking Department?

The good thing is that dh is in the kitchen. The bad thing... he's doing a left-overs night.

Oh well, I didn't have to cook!

A Touch of Style :)

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Alexis, nope, no tabs -- my cat really did recite Yeats. She's special like that.

Ms. Ralph, ohmygod. It was supposed to be a dark bloody shade of red, but on my light hair, it's a violent maroon. gak!

S.P. Bragg, tonight I made a delicious goulash with a ton of Romano thrown in. OH, HOW I LOVE GOULASH!

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Tom Carter said...

Yeats, was it? Well, Cat prefers more challenging material, such as long passages from Shakespeare. His favorite is Romeo and Juliet, and the part that includes "the beast with two backs." He used to do Sun Tzu quotations in the original Chinese before breakfast, but I made him stop because it gave me a headache.

Jeez.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Well, Tom, Cat may well be more refined in his reading tastes than my Sapphire, but does he possess an ass that shoots flaming rockets from Hell? (See above post).

I'm betting not.

Nyah, nyah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home