Thursday, February 17, 2005

Well, I'm a Bit Dizzy, but Otherwise Okay

Approximately twenty-five minutes ago, I received a rejection letter from some folks I really respect -- editors that have published me before. I sent them dreck, and I should've known better than to assault these fine publishers with a plate of steaming baboon genitals instead of something worthy of their time, something, oh, I dunno...publishable?

Holy Jughead and all His worshipers, man! I needed to punish myself.

So, shortly after reading the letter, what I did was this:

Grabbed the hair on the back of my head -- a big fistful of it -- then forcefully, and without hesitation whatsoever, smashed my own face into the wall. Twice.

3 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Blogger B.W. said...

You're just like me. I dont tolerate bullshit either. Great blog you've got here, sista. Keep it up.

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Me said...

Would you like me to come pick you up so we can hunt down their home address and toilet paper their front lawns?

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Thanks, Seema, mah sista-friend.
Gary, you're soooo wonderful.
Keef, answer my damn e-mail
Jeni, YES. Then we'll get drunk and make prank phone calls to our mothers.
Peter, my love, you're my guy. It wasn't a form rejection, it was personal -- and they were 100% correct in rejecting that story. It blows. I wrote the fucker in one mad week last June after having suffered months of writer's ennui, and at the time, I thought it was close to a masterpiece. However, after revisiting said masterpiece months down the line (I submitted it to the publication in June -- yes, it took almost eight months to get a response), I realized that it sucked donkey wiener.

Lesson for all of you new writers out there -- DO NOT SUBMIT WORK UNTIL IT HAS BAKED TO A BROWN, DELICIOUS CRISP! Raw work will not only sicken the editors, it will give you the runs but good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home