Monday, August 13, 2007

Rove, Rove, Rove, I Gloat

Bush's top political advisor, Karl Rove, announced in today‘s Wall Street Journal that he will be resigning on August 31. “For the sake of my family,” he said.

Well, goodness! I think it’s super lovely that a perjuring, war-mongering, traitorous fella like Karl Rove actually has enough heart left in his tiny icebox of a chest to put his family first. Really, I do.

I am confident that this fine, upstanding American is not abandoning his beloved president for any reason other than wanting to throw a football around with his son on a warm Sunday afternoon, or whisk his long-suffering wife away for a romantic weekend in the Poconos. I admire a man who would tuck his rodent-like tail between his furry hind legs and scurry from such a high position in order to shield his family from further embarrassment and public scrutiny. That’s nice. That’s peachy-keen and warm and fuzzy and…That’s exactly what I'd hoped would happen. I'm loving the resignations, waiting on Gonzales to join the party, but I won't hold my hand on my ass...

Unlike Rove, many of those who've resigned in the past few years did so, I'm sure, for the sake of their own conscience, or were pushed out because they attempted to counsel, with good conscience, a decidedly incompetent Commander in Chief (***cough*** Colin Powell ***cough***), and it'll be those folks who will one day speak the truth. In public. Under oath. You know, without fear of bodily harm to themselves or their loved ones.

As the clock counts down to a preciously welcome new election year (Jesus, Neocons, why even bother campaigning, huh?), we’ll see more of the rats jumping ship, and once the Democrats take the helm, the indictments will fly, heads will roll, asses will be grass (insert your favorite cliché here), and maybe justice will finally be served, maybe this awesome country of ours will return to its even more awesome people. Maybe Valerie Plame will win her appeal and receive some sort of compensation for all of the pain she and her family suffered?

Yes, the end times are nigh, but not exactly the way some religious rightwingnuts may wish. No skies opening up, and no spontaneous disappearances; nope, no Armageddon to be had -- only blissful retribution, sweet, sweet times in which big corporations won’t own our elected officials and their appointees, and people won’t be dying by the thousands for the sake of an idiot’s pipedream, and sanity prevails over corrupt madmen who honestly believe it’s best if you and I have no eyes, no mouth.

Goodbye, Mr. Rove. We hardly knew ya…But that’s exactly how you wanted it, yeah?

ADDENDUM: Holy crap, am I not the queen of bad blog post titles? Respect!

4 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad this evil weasel is leaving.
Did you see that Dick Cheney once predicted that a military venture into Iraq would put us in a quagmire?
Everybody's right at least once in their lives, this is Cheney's first and probably only time.

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Granny said...

Don't gloat too soon. I'm sure he'll be out there somewhere pulling the strings from a distance.

Also, you're assuming there will be an election in 2008. What if the Decider decides to skip it?

Seriously, I'm so glad to see him "spending more time with his family".

 
At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Spending more time with my family" is usually Republican code for "Trying to avoid a sex scandal."

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Justice said...

As granny said, "you're assuming there will be an election in 2008."

Ha! Nice to know I am not the only one with an inescapable mental image of Bush jr. in the oval office gripping the chair, "It's mine! Mine! MINNNE!"

I shiver.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home