Sunday, July 09, 2006

I Have Been Saved! (From Lip-Inversion Syndrome)

If there were more preachers like the lovely Ms. Alecia, I might just attend church more.


I think what I enjoy most about Pastor Alecia’s sermon, in addition to the awesome psychedelic effects, is the constant expression of embarrassment on her face. She has that Muppet-like, I-feel-good-but-also-kind-of-stupid inverted lip thing going on -- you know what I’m talking about, right? The ol’ self-conscious lip-tuck- and-stretch thing that invariably happens to all of us when we first get up to dance at a club or wedding?

Oh, don’t lie. If you’re human, and you’re not a professional dancer, you certainly have experienced the lip-tuck, even if only for a moment (whenever this happens to me, I immediately spin away from the crowd and unfreeze my face by mentally slapping myself with, “Ms. Lori, your face looks really stupid right now, and everyone can see that you feel good but also a bit embarrassed,” and voila! Problem solved.

7 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger Granny said...

She's adorable. The lip thing looks like a little kid.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger A said...

Wow.. that was highly amusing.

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger E said...

My children want to know why she's acting like that...they could not stop watching this clip over and over and over again. Love u CC, Buttercup...P.S..how many more days until schools starts again?!

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Alice said...

I can't view it!

Well, I can, but not properly, and I also have no sound.

*sniff!*

Still, I'll take your word for it that it was funny.

;-)

I got offered the chance to smuggle money for a dead rich foreigner with a name similar to my own today by the wondrous Spam Network. I also got told that I could buy a genuine replica watch for as little as £50 and that if I invested into this fabulous new company (no details given. They wanted mine though, funnily enough) I would be a millionaire at the end of the month...

...Oh, and I got offered the chance to order me some "LOVE PILLS" once again, and the chance to hire a prostitute for 25% less on my first booking.

Don't you just love the internet?

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger srp said...

Here from Michele today.
The video is too funny. Those background things are just so off the wall weird, how could anyone take her seriously.
Have a great week.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Editor at Large said...

This video wins the OMG/WTF award hands down...and up...and down...

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Tee hee! Glad you all enjoyed! Ms. Alecia rocks so HARD!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home