Monday, July 03, 2006

The Hills (Probably) Have Eyes

Guess what I’ll be doing on August 5th?

Go ahead, take a guess.

Noooo, not waxing Lar’s back…Good try, though. One more guess.

Again, wrong. You should know Ms. Lori well enough by now to realize she abhors anything even slightly farm-related.

All right, one last try, because I love you…

GAH! Are you out of your freaking mind? What would make you believe there was even a remote possibility I’d be interested in that? Sick is what it is. Sick and twisted, and…Actually, it’s not a bad idea, but I’d have to really work on Lar to get him to agree to that one, and I gag easily, which makes for unpleasant work, if you know what I‘m saying…Nah, forget it.

Okay, I’ll tell you what I’ll be doing on August 5th, because frankly, I‘m tired of your ignorance.

Ready?

On August 5th, I will be going on a…

***drum roll***

***awkward silence***

***awkward drum roll***

Ghost hunt!

That’s right, my terrified little ass will be lurking about Rolling Hills here in Western New York, a famously haunted estate that was featured last year on the SciFi Channel’s Ghost Hunters, armed to the gills with flashlight, camera, sage (to ensure no hitchhiking spirits), and plenty of beer, all in the hopes of capturing some ghostly activity. Should I be fortunate enough to do so, I can’t promise that I won’t poop my pants, so I’ll be sure to include a change of underwear in my arsenal as well.

Boo-yah!

EDIT: Ghost hunt date changed to September 30. Mommy!

11 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Blogger Shooter said...

Sounds spooky, can't wait to hear the details.

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said...

Lori, after plenty of beer, I have a hard time catching anything physical, let alone ghosts on camera!!!

Leave the beer at home, seriously. Do me a favor. Cause I wanna see what you catch on tape and hear all about it!

Love you, and yes, my ignorance is getting annoying to some.
Jas...

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Alexis said...

Oh My God that is awesome!!!!!! You have got to take pictures and video and tell us ALL about it n- that is the coolest thing ever! YOU ROCK!!! x x x
p.s. Happy 4th!!!!

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Granny said...

Can you take pictures of a ghost?

Have fun.

 
At 4:43 AM, Blogger Alice said...

Sounds great.

I wonder if my boss'll lend me the money and let me take some time off so I can come along.

Seriously, it'd be cool.

I'll grab the gin, you provide the hip flask and the camera and we'll be set...

 
At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

... This is a joke post, right?

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Jazzy, I definitely will post all the spooky details...I just hope there *are* spooky details to report!

Jas, no, I must not leave the beer at home. In case there's nothing spooky to report, I'll at least have some asinine stories about my drunken exploits. Love you, too, chicken-face. ;-)

Alexis, I am bringing my crappy camera -- hope to capture something, anything...If not, perhaps a picture of me stumbling about will suffice? ;-)

Ann, see above. And I WILL!

Alice, speak to your boss immediately -- the money and paperwork have been sent already, but if you're serious, maybe they could squeeze you in! Imagine, the both of us stumbling about the darkness in a drunken haze, jumping at every little sound...FUN!!!

Blackadder, aw, have a good time at the wedding, will ay? And if I do find a spook, I'll be sure to send it on over to you, okay?

Hey, Hair, why would you think that?

 
At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoops! Forgot I go by "Aphid" around these parts.

The reason I thought it might be a joke post is because if there are ghosts, they wouldn't go anywhere near the SciFi channel because their programming is so bad it even poisons the undead, tee hee.

In all seriousness, I figured you wouldn't believe in that crap because it seems only crazy old ladies (like my grandma) and stupid hippies (like stupid hippies) do nowadays. I ain't gonna look down on you because of this, I just wanted to be sure you were serious. It's hard to tell on the internet.

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Aphid, there are things in this world that cannot be explained, that are awe-inspiring, magical, frightening. And that, to me, is beautiful.

 
At 12:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fact that two people can have totally different opinions is also beautiful.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Aphid, of course. But I believe there's nothing more beautiful than a freshly baked apple pie with my name on it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home