Saturday, March 11, 2006

A Proud Sistah, I Am

Congratulations to my brilliant little brother for landing a superb position in a local law firm yesterday. He moved back home from NYC only a couple of months ago, broke and discouraged by shady dealings and unethical practices he’d witnessed in certain firms there (one reason why I admire him so much -- he stands up for justice, which is what an attorney should do), but this firm is da bomb! Gave him a clothing allowance and everything. Now he’ll have the means to take the bar and become the Clarence Darrow of Rochester. And, uh, maybe someday buy his big sister something pretty? Like, sparkly and very expensive kind of pretty? ‘Cause, you know, lawyers are rolling in it. ;-)

3 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

He should definitely buy you a gift. :)

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Damn straight, Stephanie. For all the time I spent cleaning his room (which, I still resent to this day), and changing his peepee diapers, I deserve a freaking tennis bracelet! ;-)

 
At 5:58 AM, Blogger Alice said...

I'm thinking something expensive and shiny and useful. Maybe a new car.

Hi Lori, contratulate your brilliant bro for me. Wish I had one I could be proud of, but that's a story for another day and not one anybody is going to want to hear. I think him getting a new lucrative job is tremendously spiffing. Jolly clever chap. Underhanded law firms are just not cricket, what say? Well done to him, pip pip.

- Thought you could do with some weird stupid Britishisms to make your already bright day that little bit brighter. So, carrying on and Talley ho!...

My email system is dead. Whether in heaven or hell it now lies I have no idea, but I hope the people who caused this mess end up in the latter.

Toodles for now. Will hopefully post later, but might not get a chance till tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home