Friday, March 31, 2006

Four Things

Alice tagged me for the Four Things meme, so without further ado…

Four jobs you have had in your life:
1) Dishwasher/busboy/waitress
2) Cashier
3) Meat-slinger, deli cook
4) Secretary in an investment firm

Regarding my stint in the investment firm, I enjoyed a few outside opportunities due to contact with many types of folks, and was asked to be a hostess/model for a local fur show, wherein I got so drunk on the free champagne, I dropped my glass to the lovely oriental rug, shattering it into a million pieces. They didn’t ask me back for the next year’s show. Fur is murder.

Also, I was asked to be the “Page Three” girl for a local paper, where I had to gussy up and pose with the Coors Beer mascot, a bored young man wearing an animal suit of unknown species. I got a free case of beer, a few bucks, and much embarrassment out of the whole deal. It was bad enough that my bosses and co-workers heard all about my drunken fur fiasco, but now they were passing copies of my Page Three exploits throughout the office. I quit the investment firm shortly thereafter to work for my boyfriend’s masonry company, where I answered the phone with an English accent and drove a little backhoe.

Four movies you would watch over and over:
1) Donnie Darko
2) Anything with Marilyn Monroe
3) Pulp Fiction
4) Rosemary’s Baby (As I stated on another very similar meme question, I believe this is one of the best horror movies ever made. It fascinates me beyond what should be considered normal, and I always discover something new to appreciate upon each viewing. I feel that it portrays human nature honestly, unflinchingly, albeit in an overly dramatic, absurd fashion. Hail Satan. Just kidding.)

Four places you have lived:
1) A street in the inner city of Rochester, back when it was occupied by old Italians
2) Henrietta
3) Brighton, then Macedon, then Henrietta, then the city
4) And finally, Brighton

Four TV shows you love to watch:
1) American Idol (RESPECT THE IDOL!)
2) The Daily Show and The Colbert Report (I have a crush on Colbert)
3) Lost, The Sopranos
4) CNN programs, PBS documentaries

Four places you have been on vacation:
1) New York City
2) England
3) Maine
4) Florida

Four websites I visit daily
1) Perez Hilton. God help me.
2) The Washington Post
3) Shocklines
4) My favorite blogs, many of which are on my blogroll. I have a lot, so may only visit them every other day, but I love ‘em all!

Four of my favorite foods:
1) Pizza with cheese and mushrooms
2) Manicotti with marinara and a ton of mozzarella
3) Chicken
4) Pasta

Four places I would rather be right now:
1) In bed (I’m still flu-y and weak)
2) In the top 1% income bracket
3) New York City
4) Anywhere in England

Four things I always carry with me:
1) Purse
2) Jovan Musk Oil
3) Cigarettes (shut up, you!)
4) My dignity

9 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger David Niall Wilson said...

These things can be fun when handled properly. I've been thinking about creating one based on the old Macaroni game. You sit in a circle. Each person has 10 pieces of macaroni. You throw one in and say something you have never done that you believe others in the group have (or that you KNOW others in the group have) and anyone who HAS must throw in a piece of macaroni too. The person with the most macaroni at the end wins, but has had the most boring life - and it's a bad idea to play this game drunk with those you love (lol).

DNW

PS no poem today - it's in my blog.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said...

"where I answered the phone with an English accent and drove a little backhoe"

You are so funny!

----------
You visit Perez Hilton every day too? I thought you looked familiar.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger E said...

Darn! I was trying not to be blog-obsessed today...so I decided to just look at my top 3 favorites...since I looked at your questions/answers does that mean I have to do this?? You are a sneaky little lady!...I never used to say "darn" until I had kids...now I also say, "for goodness sake" and "oh dear" and " Alex, Brandon or Colin, be a dear and get me another martini";P

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Granny said...

Okay about the cigarettes. Alice will have two of us to scold.

She's right you know. I just don't have the willingness to quit one more time just yet.

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Ooooh, David, the Macaroni game sounds like a blast. Better than Quarters!

Jas, I'm so ashamed to admit my addiction to that nasty bitch, but, hey, since you admit to it too, I don't feel so icky. ;-) Cheerio!

Leenie, please do! I don't tag because I can't take the rejection. I'd love to read your answers, though!

Ann, we are bad, bad girls -- Bush-hating, Macintosh-loving, smoking bad girls. (Sorry Alice!)

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger E said...

Ok...I will respond on my blog...but I'm sure my answer will not be nearly as interesting or witty as yours...re: ciggies...yes - my big dark secret ...but the way I see it, I'm really doing Dan a big favor...if the habit gets me then he won't have to support my expensive tastebuds anymore...

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Katie said...

I love Rosemary's Baby. I've watched it fifty billion times and still get scared.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Katie, I still can't watch it by myself.

Alan, as my Page Three picture will show, I have absolutely no dignity. YET...I am PROUD to have none. Clear things up a bit for ya? ;-)

 
At 3:27 AM, Blogger C said...

I miss cigarettes. I dream abouth them. ah, smoke, ashes stinkiness i miss it all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home