Friday, January 21, 2005

To Sir With Love

Though I don’t know Poppy Z. Brite personally, I hereby declare my undying affection for this kind human being who, unbeknownst to her, has once again brightened my dreary day. The first time soothed my wounded writerly heart (the whole tragic story here), and today, my battered psyche and flu-fucked head.

Jesus Christ, Doc, how many thousands of hits does your journal get each day, anyway? Like, 50,087?

My thanks to the wonderful PZB readers who e-mailed -- seriously, thank you! I’ll reply to each and every one of you soon as the Capuchin monkey stops banging on my head with his little tin cup. Bastard is killing me.

Also, to my friends, to my poor friends who’ve been neglected beyond what should be legal, I apologize for my lack of communication. I love you, love you, love you, and will be writing or calling you soon.

3 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Blogger theaddict said...

I was just stopping by and to my wonderment you are posting again! Yippie. Missed ya.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Lori!

1) I hope you feel better soon. Tell that little monkey to lay off.

2) Because of you, I tooled around PBZ's journal and I may be second in line after you of people who love her. I am so picking up a copy of Liquor.

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger Rotting Dead said...

Hi there, just stopping by (since I have not been on-line since December) to say hello. I also wanted to comment on what you wrote earlier this month about writing--"Whether anybody else reads it or not, it's finished, and it's all ours. A piece of ourselves, our souls made tangible...There's nothing like that feeling, for me, at least."-- I completely agree, I consider myself in that 5% you refered to. *Sigh* I miss it too!!

Have a great weekend.
CJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home