Friday, September 03, 2004

Of Course. Of Course...

So my husband returns from grocery shopping bearing handfuls of "From the Borderlands." I was so excited and happy, couldn't wait to hold the book in my hands, so I ripped a copy out of his proud grip, ran up to my office, sat down (all atremble), lit a cigarette, and opened it.

The following are the actual thoughts that crossed my mind as I perused:

Look at that awesome cover! I am an "And Others!" Cool.

Mmmm, paper smell...

I feel so incredibly sexy right now.

Well, gee, my bio's not so retarded. Not really. Could be better, but hey.

Oh, hahahaha! Still love that intro.

"Kay...let's see, where's my story, where's...

I feel all weird inside. And it's not a good weird. I have a familiar, horrible feeling...

Shut up, ass. Everything'll be just fine. Everything will be just...

*shocked silence*

Of course. Well why the fuck should it be any different? Of course, of course, of course.

*sigh*

Not again. This can't be happening...

*tear*

*speaking to God* Kick me while I'm down, why don't you? Take away the one little joy left to me this whole annus horribilus. LAR! Come HERE, PLEASE!

Story makes no sense without those last lines, no closure...LARRY! LARRY, GET UP HERE!

Three little lines, so important, so vital...

What is that man doing? LAAAAARRRRRR!

*tear*

END SCENE
-----------------------------------------------------------------------




2 Comments:

At 12:52 AM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Aw, Poppy, would you really do that? That is just so very kind and cool and decent of you. Wow. I'm floored. Seriously, I'm on the floor, face down, and my cat is on my back doing her "mommy, I love you" kneading thing with her paws. Wow.

These are the last lines of "Annabell":

"I bring her close and breathe in her essence, fragrant, hot, like cinnamon candy.

My mouth waters as I call the police."

Thank you so much for caring, Poppy.

Yours,

Lori

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Just the fact that you took time out of your day to offer support has helped me feel almost okay about the omission.

In fact, I feel a whole lotta okay.

I can't thank you enough.

--Lori

 

Post a Comment

<< Home