Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Come and Gimme Some Sugar

"From the Borderlands" should be on the shelves now! Today! Please go to your favorite bookseller now -- and I mean NOW -- and buy one. Baby needs new shoes.
And Momma needs a new case of Corona because the old one's, well... gone.

Seriously though, please do check out this wonderful Bram Stoker Award-winning anthology. All new stories by some yummy people, edited by Tom and Elizabeth Monteleone, who, I might add, are pretty damn yummy, too .

Lookit the pretty cover


Now, why, oh, why has my "About Me" thingie migrated to the bottom of the page? I hate that!

Apropos of nothing, I fell asleep while watching the RNC. Caught Giuliani's riveting speech (and I'm not being facetious here), and though I was nauseated by the Bush-kissin' and Kerry-bashin', I did enjoy his humor, his easy, warm, conversational tone, like he was speaking at a dinner party to a few of his close friends instead of to a room full of glassy-eyed idiots. Idiots who wore rictus grins and funny hats.

Aw, I don't mean to insult anyone. Some of my favorite buds and family members (Hey, Dan!) happen to be Republican. How that happened, I have no idea, but it's true. Not all of them are glassy-eyed, rictus-wearing, pious, racist, uncompassionate, clueless monkey asses. But, y'know, though I love them as people, I still have the urge sometimes to vomit on their shoes. This does not take away the love I feel, however. Not one bit.

3 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ugh! giuliana is such a fetid scumbag. he can project that down-homey charisma, but so could reagan, and even dubya, and look where that got us. it doesn't make any of them any less in terms of being opportunistic scumsuckers. "9/11! 9/11! Never mind that Bush ignored the memo or that Iraq had nothing to do with it or or or..."

 
At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps i have a copy of the book on hold at the borders.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Well thank you, Anonymous Rudy hater, for your comments! Of course, I agree with you. Yes, most certainly. But Rudy did give a good speech, imo. And the dude's Italian, so, y'know, I can't completely hate him. Isn't that the sickest thing you've ever heard?

Oh, and thank you, too, for buying "From the Borderlands"! ***much love***

 

Post a Comment

<< Home