Thursday, September 16, 2004

R.I.P. Johnny Ramone

Rock'n, rock'n'roll radio Let's go
Rock'n, rock'n'roll radio Let's go
Rock'n, rock'n'roll radio Let's go
Rock'n, rock'n'roll radio Let's go

Do you remember Hullabaloo,
Upbeat, Shinding and Ed Sullivan too?
Do you remember rock'n'roll radio?
Do you remember rock'n'roll radio?

Do you remember Murray the K,
Alan Freed, and high energy?
It's the end, the end of the 70's
It's the end, the end of the century

Do you remember lying in bed
With your covers pulled up over your head?
Radio playin' so no one can see
We need change, we need it fast
Before rock's just part of the past
'Cause lately it all sounds the same to me
Oh oh oh oh, oh oh

Will you remember Jerry Lee,
John Lennon, T. Rex and OI Moulty?
It's the end, the end of the 70's
It's the end, the end of the century

--The Ramones

3 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Lynn, it's Shawn (there goes the anonymity lol). I read your e-mail, and have spent the last couple of hours reading through all of your blog entries. They serve to reinforce my belief that you are a very, very cool person. :) Your humor is wickedly good, and your bluntness and honesty are very welcome.

As a fellow writer, I feel your pain in regard to the three line omission. I met with a couple of editing screwups when I was in college, one of which changed the meaning of a poem, and there was nothing I could do about it. I wish you good fortune in getting them to correct the mistake in future editions.

I'll be reading your blog on a regular basis from now on. Oh, and send me more e-mails. I like hearing from you. :)

 
At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shawn again. I just wanted to say that I haven't talked to you in so long, I forgot to call you Lori instead of Lynn. lol Sorry about that. :)

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Hey, Shawn! Good to see you here!

Well, you know how hermit-like I can be -- bad e-mail sender, hate the phone, blah, blah, blah -- so this blog, I think, is a nice way of showing all concerned that I'm not dead. ;-)

Ew. Bad joke there considering the topic...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home