Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Mama's Helpful Boy

Gawd, I've been feeling so tired. So crappy. Just an overall feeling of anger mixed with depression, general body aches. I hear it's going around. Something called Bushupyourassitis or something like that. Hard to pronounce.

I don't like to write when I'm in such a state, but since I see there's been a flurry of new visitors here since I last checked, I figured I'd pull out all the stops and add a mind-blowing new entry -- perhaps my most scintillating yet.

So this morning, I come down from my office after checking e-mail, and I discover that the cat puked all over the kitchen floor. Also the dining room. And the living room. She must've devoured my husband, the mess was so big. If Lar doesn't show up by 6:00 tonight, I'll know then to call the insurance company -- I understand my benefits will double if death is caused by cat consumption.

Anyway, not a great thing to discover, for sure, but what really pushed this discovery over the top was that my two-year-old boy thought it would be a wonderful thing to help his poor, tired mama by cleaning up the mess. And honestly, what could be cuter than a tiny, sweet cherub, naked save for his diaper, wiping cat puke with Mama's brand new dish towel? It was especially adorable when he flung the puke-bits against the wall (ostensibly, his way of cleaning the towel), and proceeding to wipe down the couch.

I was so charmed, I burst into tears.

If only you could've seen the look of pride in his eyes. My boy, my beautiful, fat-legged phlump of vanilla joy. Oh, how I love him.

1 Comments:

At 1:09 AM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Awww. Ms. Lori loves her weeny woo-woo head.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home