Friday, January 11, 2008

And Now, a Bit of Comic Relief...

Photobucket

I don't exactly understand why, but that makes me giggle like a drunken sailor.

Also, good news regarding me mum -- she's now in a different hospital, Strong Memorial, which is affiliated with the University of Rochester, and will be undergoing inpatient clinical trial treatment. The docs there say that if she doesn't respond to that, they have one more trick up their crisp, white sleeves.

If one of the treatments can get her into remission, even for a few days, they will attempt a bone marrow transplant, which is surprising news considering bone marrow transplants are usually reserved for those under sixty (older patients don't fare as well as younger ones, and can die due to complications). She has two brothers willing to test for compatibility, but if they don't match, she'll be put on a waiting list.

When I'd asked one of the docs if I could test, he looked at me kind of funny and said, "Well, is there intermarriage in your family?" (meaning incest), and I, horrified yet laughing, said NO! "Okay, then," said the good doctor, "you will not be a possible match -- only siblings with the same mother and father are candidates. "

Wow. You learn something new every day.

6 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ms. lori, i'm a married mother of two (a 12-year-old daughter and an 11-month-old son) from houston, texas and i came across your blog from keef's blog several months ago and i thought you should know that you truly make my day...God bless you and your family.

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Well, aren't you sweet! Thank you!

You made MY day!

Ain't Keef grand, though? I found his blog years ago, when I first started surfing the 'Net. I adore him.

Thanks again!

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

We almost died laughing at that dog. "Tell me again!"

 
At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, i've actually hung out with him before, he's pretty cool. and you're welcome. ~ lisa

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Steph, I know! That doggie's face is way too silly.

Lisa, that's awesome! I bet he smells really, really good, too. Like lemon-lime...Am I right? ;-)

 
At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're as right as you ever could be!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home