Friday, January 04, 2008

I'm Optimistic...

Albeit cautiously so...Thrilled as I am that my boy, John Edwards, won second place in Iowa, I was hoping he'd top Obama. I like Obama, truly I do, but at this stage in his (young) political career, I also believe that he's not quite ready for primetime, something I concluded while watching the '07 debates, wherein he, in my humble opinion, was trumped by both Edwards and Clinton. I appreciate his youth (please, dear Jeeves, no more of the "old boys," which includes Hillary "Special Interest" Clinton), and he appears to have a wonderful vision, an enthusiasm for real change, as well as possessing a gift for inspirational eloquence, but...

Okay, I'm going to be brutally frank here -- forget the inexperience angle...

It's his hair. Obama just doesn't have the hair to lead this country. Perhaps in a few years, yes, if he allows it to fill in, grows it a bit longer, uses a smidgen of product. Until then, however, Edwards has him beat by a mile.

I feel confident that, with John Edwards in office, his bouncy, glimmering locks will be a bright beacon, a floodlight of cinnamon-scented hope that shall lead us down the path toward a better America.








God, I'm an asshole. I am nothing but a superficial, hair-loving asshole.











Aaaanyway.

Let's be serious for a moment here. John Edwards must be president. It is imperative that he be in charge, and here's why: The man will bring change to America; the man will bring our troops home; the man will see to it that our children receive affordable health care, and the man will dig us out of the seemingly endless pit of debt, corruption, and universal hatred. The man will rescue the drowning middle class, breathe life back into it, maybe give it a cherry Popsycle.

Don't have faith? Well, that may be because you haven't been watching, reading enough Edwards (mayhap his hair blinded you with its brilliance?), but I implore you to do so now. Listen to what he says, and not just for a few minutes here and there. Really listen to what he says, how he says it, read his statements, watch his mannerisms (ignore his blinky eyes, if you can -- hell, we all have quirks, a tic or two, don't we?), pay attention to his body language, all of which not only sound and look sincere, they are sincere.

Plus, he's got balls of iron.

Take into consideration what folks like
this have to say about the candidates instead of, um, Oprah.

"I absolutely believe to my soul that this corporate greed and corporate power has an ironclad hold on our democracy."

--John Edwards

4 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger RobinSlick said...

Ms. Lori, I don't know why I don't swing by here every day. You have one of the most entertaining blogs in the universe, and we are always on the same page. Of course I am a Kucinich woman because he's completely insane and I am attracted to that, but as soon as he drops out...

(Actually, he's not insane, unless you consider he wants to pull out the troops immediately and my own personal favorite, decriminalize marijuana...)

Anyway, Happy New Year. I just had a blast reading your pre and post holiday blog entries...

xo

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger RobinSlick said...

Wait..I should clarify. He's not insane because he WANTS to pull out the troops and make pot legal...which is why for the moment, until he drops out, he's my man

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Well, thank you for the kind words, Ms. Slick! ***mwah***

As for Kucinich, I love the man. Gawd's sake, he admits to seeing a UFO! And the pot thing is right on, sister.

Poor duffer doesn't have a chance, though. Oh well, he's got that HOT wife to console him, yeah?

 
At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd vote for him if'n I got the chance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home