Friday, January 20, 2006

Heartwarming Quote of the Day

While talking on the phone with my brother, Dan, this morning, I was in the middle of asking him a question regarding law firms, and out of the blue, he interrupted with a small laugh and a “You are so awesome; I love you, Lori.”

I don’t think he’s uttered anything remotely similar since he passed the age of four, and it kind of floored me. In fact, I was so taken aback, I asked him if I’d said something (typically) stupid, thus prompting his sudden show of seemingly amused affection. Everyone loves a dingbat, don’t you know. But he only laughed again and said, “No, no way. You’re just awesome, is all. Go ahead with your question.”

I can’t tell you how long it’s been since anyone other than my kids have expressed such sentiments...

Just had to post that, because, um, it made me feel good.

6 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Blogger Justice said...

I love it when that happens. That's very cool.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Awwwwwww....that is sweet.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Rotting Dead said...

Even though everyone knows you are so very awesome, it must have been really nice to hear it out of the blue that way. Cool!

(*Hugs*)

CJ

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

That's very cute. :) Both of you.

 
At 4:01 AM, Blogger Deek Deekster said...

And now, I love you too! See the way it works?

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

You guys are the bestest. Hugs all around.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home