Friday, December 10, 2004

I Couldn't Give a Flying Monkey's Ass About "Rules"

So I just deleted a post, the one I wrote earlier today titled "When I Call You Baby, I Mean That Literally."

It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine.

I stick my tongue out to those who scoff at bloggers deleting posts. I pull down my pants and moon them, and I pick my nose and pretend like I'm putting boogers in their coffee. That's how much I care about their "rules."

I wrote "When I Call You Baby..." because I had to. For mental health reasons. It was a beautiful post, sad and angsty and full of woe. It was a shining example of utter egotism and blatant self-worship; it was horrific, humanistic, spiritual, and naked as naked gets. It also was disturbing as hell, and I realize that. Apologies to anyone who happened to accidentally witness my twentieth nervous breakdown.

But, it had to be written. And now I am clean. So bye bye post -- you served your purpose well, but are no longer needed. Have a lovely trip into the wild blue ether.

And to you Blog People, whoever you are with your pod-like personas and silly rules, you self-appointed kings and queens of Blogland: Bite it.

11 Comments:

At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow - I guess I can count myself among the lucky who was witness to your mental angst and the healing process. but then again, I am a therapist so it is all pretty normal to me. I can vouch that your posting was many of the things you claim. those that I am not in a position to judge I will have to take your word for. I am pretty sure you have a realistic take on it though.

thank you. it was cool while it lasted.

WindReader

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger MY said...

Yay for you and your blog. Yay for your blog being readable, whereas most "this-is-my-daily-life" blogs are dull and prosaic. But, frankly, I like your blog. I like it.

I think I'll go make some soup now.

Yay for your blog. And yay for soup.

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger IlonaGarden said...

oh ow ow. you are one weird momma, but I kinda like you- you made me laugh.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Thanks all. You're so nice to the weird Ms. Lori...

Perhaps I'll repost the entry. Perhaps it *was* wrong of me to delete it. Perhaps the kings and queens of Blogland are correct in their high and mighty rulings.

Perhaps I am a tool.

I'ma go eat some hot noodly soup now.

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Em Figory said...

How comes I just found out about you? I hate it when the definite "10's" get by me, but not to worry, I've fixed that now. Love your style and way with words. Write on -- or delete. We benefit whichever it is. :)

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Dear Peter Pumpkin Eater,

Notice my absence once again from the coveted list -- there are bad people about. Oh, bad people indeed.

Hugs and champagne wishes,

Ms. Lori

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Me love you, Ms. Amy.

 
At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are a band of clueless cock-knockers who are slamming anyone on the leaderboard with 1s and 2s.

It's evil and wrong that you're not up there.

I hate them all.

Fie! Fie on them!

-PeterB.

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Oh, please could you find out the rules, if there are rules, I love to break rules.

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Tom Carter said...

Well, I'm sorry I missed the post--it must have been a hum-dinger! That'll teach me to read my favorite blogs more regularly.

Don't worry about "the rules," whatever they are. Believe me, if I write one that I don't like the next morning, that sucker will be history.

By the way, Cat sends his regards. He says you still scare him.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Number Mouth said...

You know how I feel about you. We're kindred spirits. I love breakdowns, I have them daily. Contrats, ain't it fun?

PS, honey, get haloscan. Then anyone can comment! I have the darndest time commenting if I come in through BE.

Alli

 

Post a Comment

<< Home