Friday, February 10, 2006

Lar

The first time ever I saw your face
I thought the sun rose in your eyes
And the moon and stars were the gifts you gave
To the dark and the empty skies

The first time ever I kissed your mouth
I felt the earth move in my hand
Like the trembling heart of a captive bird
That was there at my command, my love

The first time ever I lay with you
And felt your heart beat close to mine
And I knew our joy would fill the earth
And last till the end of time, my love,

The first time ever I saw your face
your face, your face, your face...

Lyrics by the amazing Roberta Flack, sentiments all mine

5 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Blogger Granny said...

I have Mary Travers of Peter, Paul & Mary singing this (as well as Roberta of course). It's one of the most beautiful songs in my collection.

Give me the chills or the weepies whenever I hear it. Matter of fact, I think I'll listen to it right now.

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Granny said...

Listening - it is all three of them but Mary T. has the lead. It's on See What Tomorrow Brings album (probably on cd now)

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

I love the sound of PP&M, and can imagine the gorgeousness...I'll try to track this down. Thanks!

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Myfanwy Collins said...

I love this song. Did you ever see "Play Misty for Me"? Wow, that is one scary movie but I love it and I think this song was on the soundtrack.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Myfanwy, yes! Love, love, love that flick (and the song, of course). Roberta Flack has been my hero since I was a leetle girl...

My dream is to see her live. Actually, my dream is to become best friends with her and have her sing me songs over lunch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home