Sunday, July 10, 2005

The Bio That Won't Be

Aw, darn it. I wrote the BEST bio for an upcoming anthology publication, but the editor told me this morning that they won't be using bios.

I feel it must be seen, however, so here it is:

L. Lynn Young resides in a magical place called Rochester, where “Garbage Plates“ are considered fine cuisine and behemoth corporations loom on every street corner begging for change. A spiritual town, Rochestarians worship a wide variety of deities, including Chuck Mangione, and the magnificent “Fast Ferry.” Beware the Ferry’s wrath, for She has the power to humiliate all who do not believe in Her greatness.

An enchanting, albeit frightening place, to be sure, but a good place to raise well-rounded, cultured children who think they‘re Canadian.

7 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Great bio! But what's a "garbage plate?"

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Bev Jackson said...

It is a great bio. Send it along with your next pubbed piece.
tee hee.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Heh. Thanks, Katie! A Garbage Plate is a big honking slab of garbage from Nick Taho's here in Rochester. Seriously. It contains everything from hotdogs and hamburgers covered in relish and sauce, to macaroni salad and home fries, all in one jumbled up mess. Damn good eatin' when you've been drinking. ;-)

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Thanks, Bev. I'm a legend in my own mind, so it's a pleasure to have others enable me. :-) :-0 ;-)

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger The Complimenting Commenter said...

That is really funny. I wish I could pretend to want to live there. Thanks for the laugh and sharing it with everyone.

 
At 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

silly editor. that deserves publication. clearly.

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

No, no, NO silly editor -- beeg, important, hot, sexy, beautiful editor(s)! I'm honored to be included in this publication, believe me.

But thanks, honestyrain...You make me feel like a woman. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home